Best Anal Lube
Water vs Silicone Lubricants for Anal
If you and your significant other are going to add anal play to your private time together, then it's important to make sure that you're using the best anal lube available.
Sometimes it just takes a little trial and error to figure out what works best for you, but it will probably help you to make the best choice if you completely understand the main differences between water-based lubricants and silicone-based lubricants.
Water Based Anal Lubricants
- Easy Cleanup: Because simple water is the primary ingredient in this product, you can expect a truly easy cleanup using only water. You won't even need soap to wash it off of yourself, and it easily rinses off of toys and fabrics without ever leaving a stain.
- Safe for Toys: While other lubes may contain ingredients that can deteriorate your toys over time, the water base in this lube makes it completely safe to use with all of your favorite toys.
- Not Waterproof: This is not the lube you want to use if you plan to enjoy sex in any water environment. Use something else if you want to play in the pool or hot tub.
- Poor Staying Power: Because of the water base, this lube won't last as long as some other products. It's naturally absorbed by your body, so you may need to reapply more often.
Silicone Based Anal Lubricants
- Completely Waterproof: Because silicone is the main ingredient in this product, it's what you want to use for sex-play in the water. It will continue to work well even in the shower, hot tub or swimming pool.
- Very Long-Lasting: Just a little bit of this lube will last you a long time. It doesn't absorb into your body, and you can expect it to last as long as you do.
- More Difficult Cleanup: You'll need soap and water in the shower to effectively clean this product off of you. It can also easily stain any fabrics that it comes into contact with.
- Harmful to Silicone Toys: While you can use this lube on many toys with no problem, you must never use it with silicone toys. It will cause those toys to deteriorate over time.
Both anal lube types are 100 percent compatible with the latex, so you can enjoy safe anal sex without any need to worry about the condom. By chossing the best anal lube (water or silicone) you can expect a consistent silky, smooth performance, but that's where the similarities end.